Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Crème de la Mer

I broke down and bought this about three weeks ago, after hearing that Jennifer Lopez loved it so much she was stockpiling it. I say “broke down” because it costs $130 an ounce, not exactly a small sum of money for skin care. Frankly, I don’t know what the difference is between all the creams, wrinkle releasers, collagen tubes, rejuvenators, serums, and lotions that are available today. All I really want to know is which ones work. Do they all work? Do some work better than others? Ultimately, will they work for me? Because it’s all about me here. Problem is you don’t know if they work until you try, and to try you generally need to buy. The tiny little samples don’t exactly last very long.

My skin actually looks pretty good for my age since I cover my face with a load of SPF 45 every time I go out in the sun, and I really don’t have many wrinkles (yet), but preventative measures certainly can’t hurt. And hell, if J-Lo swears by it, it must be good. So, I’ve been using the Crème de la Mer. I like the way it feels on my skin, I like the smell, and it really does seem to make my skin look better with respect to aging issues. Just one problem – it’s making me break out! It’s absolutely the la Mer that is causing the acne issues because I didn’t have any pimples before I started using it. And now I currently have a pimple right in the middle of my nose that won’t go away. It’s like a beacon. So, what does one do with a $130 thimble of lotion that seems to work for its intended purpose, yet causes unintended consequences?

No comments:

Post a Comment