Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wasting More Taxpayer Money...

USA Today is reporting that approximately 71% of households have completed and mailed back the 2010 census forms. That leaves approximately 50 million addresses that census workers now have to visit to convince the slackers to fill out the damn form. Here’s an idea: if you don’t fill out and mail back your census form, you don’t get any government entitlements. No welfare, no foodstamps, no Medicare, no Medicaid, and no ability to deduct your children from your taxes. Think that would encourage people to take five minutes to fill out the form and mail it back without having to pay someone to go door to door? What a waste of money.

Speaking of wastes of money and the 2010 census, here is what I got in the mail from the government:

A postcard telling me my census form was coming.

The census form itself.

A postcard telling me to make sure to fill out my census form.

Another census form. (After I had already mailed the first one in.)

Another postcard telling me to make sure to fill out my census form.

Was all of this really necessary? How much money did the government spend to send me duplicate census forms, duplicate postcards, and a “warning” that the census form was coming postcard? And this is the institution that is going to be regulating our health care?

No comments:

Post a Comment