Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Definitions of Common Annoying Expressions Used on Discussion Forums

I love reading the comments after news articles, and various other discussion forums, on pretty much any topic. It’s such an interesting cross section of people and views. When I want to put my finger on the pulse of the nation, that’s where I go. Throughout my extensive reading, I’ve stumbled upon the most annoying expressions used regularly by people in their discussions on the Internet. This is my interpretation of their meaning, which is based on a vast and in depth study:   

Sour grapes – you just posted something I don’t agree with

Mind you – I’m about to make an excuse

TIA – I’m too lazy to go search for the [link, comment, discussion, article, video, or photograph] myself

Advise – I really mean “advice” but I fell asleep during English class many years ago

Rediculous – Ditto, but I mean “ridiculous”

God bless – Fuck you

IMO – I just made that up and have no idea whether or not it is true, but let's just pretend it is

Neocon – you just posted something I don’t agree with

Plop – a silly waste of bandwidth

No comments:

Post a Comment