Friday, June 4, 2010

Sex in the City 2 versus the Chicago Blackhawks versus My Couch

I have a few different options for this evening:

1) Go to see Sex and the City 2 with my girlfriends;

2) Go to watch the Blackhawks game at a divey sportsbar with some co-workers;

3) Stay home, watch Golden Girls DVDs, and get drunk by myself.

To be clear, option number 1 is not even in the running. The last movie I saw in the theatres was The Dark Night, and the only reason I went to see it was because I was in San Jose on business and had nothing better to do. San Jose is not exactly a hopping town.  I used to go to the movies all the time when I was in my 20s; now I pretty much never go to the movie theatre. I just pay for the Premier package on my Direct TV and wait for the movies to show up on cable. Not only do I not have to leave my house and deal with the masses, but it’s a better deal overall. I’m not sure how this transition occurred, or if I’m just getting lazier (or cheaper) in my old age, but I no longer have the burning desire to sit in a packed theatre.

Plus, I didn’t even enjoy the first Sex in the City movie, so why would I want to see them run around in the Middle East in four inch heels?

The second option is much more appealing, and much more my style. This is what I will probably end up doing, even though option three arguably sounds the best. You know you are getting old when staying home sounds like the best option. But now I’m sort of stuck, since one of my co-workers just called me to make sure I was going to do the sports bar thing. So, now I have to show up. That gives me an hour and a half to go to the grocery store, stop off at home to change clothes and eat something, and get to the bar. And let’s face it – it isn’t every day that the Blackhawks are in the Stanley Cup playoffs, so I might as well go out on the town and watch. After all, I can always go home early.

In the meantime, I need to get out of here!

And this was the best news I heard all day. Who doesn’t love a baby zebra?

No comments:

Post a Comment