Friday, July 23, 2010

Biden Says The Heavy Lifting Is Over

I struggled with what to title this, because I don't want to sound like I'm overreacting.  Further, the only web sites I can find any information about these statements lean right, so I'm taking it with a bit of a grain of salt.  (I frankly do not trust the media at all anymore, even before the whole USDA debacle.  They -- like opposing counsel in my cases -- seem to regularly take things out of context or use headlines that do not have any reflection at all on what was actually said.)  So, I try to avoid that by either listening to comments myself or checking a few different sources.  Occasionally I'm sure I'll get something wrong.

At any rate, The Hill is reporting on statements made by V.P. Biden last night:
The "heavy lifting is over" when it comes to the Obama administration's legislative priorities this year, Vice President Joe Biden said Thursday evening.
Biden said now that Wall Street reform is finished and signed into law, the administration could go out and make its political case for its accomplishment.

“Now that the heavy lifting is over, we can go out and make our case,” Biden said at a fundraiser in North Carolina, according to a pool report.
So, let me get this straight:  climate change, the Gulf Oil spill, immigration, jobs, unemployment benefits (which will be an issue again in November), and the Bush tax cuts expiration (which will be an issue by the end of the year) are no longer important since the massive Wall Street reform bill has passed?  Now the administration can simply go out and talk about how much its accomplished - before anything has even happened?  Now, for the rest of the year everyone should focus on campaigning?  Are you kidding me?

2 comments:

  1. Here are my politics in a nutshell. They're all crooks.

    http://mymilkglassheart.com/2010/03/04/on-politics-and-getting-personal/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame honest debate and real compromise can't seem to be reached. You're right in the comment you left about being able to respectfully disagree. My bf is a raging liberal. I'm more conservative. We still make it work, not by avoiding political conversation, but by taking the parts we do agree on and really listening to each other's reasons and respecting them.

    ReplyDelete