Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fixing My Plantar Fasciitis or Heel Spur

This is a bit of a product endorsement, but I have nothing to do with them.  Just sharing my experiences:

I'm not sure whether I have plantar fasciitis or a heel spur, or both, but my left heel has been in serious pain since April.  Did I go to the doctor?  Of course not.  I hate going to the doctor, particularly when I can diagnose myself online, and find out that there is really nothing a doctor can do about this.  Based on the pain and the location of the pain, I figured out that m problem was either plantar fasciitis or a heel spur.

So, I am about to describe to you what I did to figure out how to deal with this pain, which has prevented me from wearing high heels (which is my standard) for the past three months.

First, I bought the Dr. Scholl's for Her Heel Liners.  This was when the pain first arose, and I did not realize the extent of my situation.  These somewhat dealt with the pain, but ultimately didn't do a whole lot.

Next, after I did a little googling on my medical condition, I tried the HTP Heel Seats.  These are supposedly patented technology and supposed to work for plantar fasciitis.  While they alleviated the pain for a week or two, they ultimately did nothing, and my heel hurt worse than ever.  Plus, these were too wide to fit into my high heels or any of my cute shoes, so that was a problem.

Next, I tried the Pedagog cushion for women.  While this fit into all of my cute high heels and flats, and gave nice arch support, it ultimately was really hard on the heel, which is where my pain was.  So, fail.

Next, I tried the Wonder-Spur Soft Silicone Heel Cup.  This thing is so flimsy that it actually pops out of your shoe and slides around.  It also doesn't do anything for heel pain.  What a waste.

By this point, I was desperate.  I had spent a lot of money and was still in a lot of pain.  However, after all of this heel support, I was beginning to suspect that maybe I needed some arch support as well.  So, I bought the Dr. Scholl's Heel Pain Relief Orthotics over at CVS.  I'm linking to the men's because I bought the men's on accident.  And after wearing the men's for awhile (they fit into my black ballerina flats), and then trying the women's, the men's provide so much more support and comfort.  The women's were still okay, though.     

These orthotics felt great.  I could walk again.  Fabulous.  Honestly -- these are the best orthotics.  Don't waste your money on any of the other crap.  But, my pain wasn't getting any better when they were off, so I went hardcore.

I found a site called the Mend Me Shop, who specializes in heel/plantar fasciitis issues.  And this site provided me relief.  I bought the Inferno Wrap and the Freezie Wrap.  The Inferno Wrap has healed my heel.  Seriously!  This thing is fabulous; apparently it stimulates the blood flow to promote healing.  And when I work out or walk a lot, I use the Freezie Wrap right after.  I can't talk enough about these products, because all I can say is that I can walk again, my heel feels great, and I can only attribute it to the Inferno Wrap.  I wore it twice a day, once for about 20 minutes in the morning, and once for about 45 minutes in the evening, and after three weeks, I can wear my high heels again.  Oh, hurray!  My heel is still healing, but I have no pain like I had before.  This truly works.  Buy it if you have plantar fasciitis or heel spur issues.  It's a little pricey, but it is worth it, because it actually fixes the problem.    

2 comments:

  1. Plantar fasciitis commonly causes stabbing pain that usually occurs with your very first steps in the morning. Once your foot limbers up, the pain of plantar fasciitis normally decreases, but it may return after long periods of standing or after getting up from a seated position. At Medicovi you can find solution of the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear about the results you achieved with the Plantar Inferno and Freezie Wraps. Plantar fasciitis is certainly a tough condition to contend with.

    With Plantar fasciitis, it develops over many weeks and months and as a result, it takes awhile to initiate true healing. Taping, anti-inflammatories, and inserts can help short term and in some cases, correct some imbalances, but they do not heal the damage that has been done.

    Plantar fasciitis is all about break down of the fascia tissue and the resulting scar tissue build up. Hence, one needs to focus on modalities designed to reverse the damage - and not merely provide short term pain relief benefits. As long as the tissue is still damaged. the condition remains.

    People tend to believe plantar fasciitis is merely about inflammation of the fascia tissue - and nothing could be further from the truth as numerous studies released in the past few years confirm.

    The only true way to heal damaged tissue is by nourishing it with enhanced blood flow - which carries the oxygen and nutrients to the damaged tissue - facilitating the production of new collagen. The Inferno also helps to flush the area of cell waste and excess fluid - thereby reducing inflammation, not causing it. This is the premise of the Inferno Wrap and the reason why it has helped so many people who have been in similar situations as yourself.

    Paul
    http://shop.mendmeshop.com

    ReplyDelete