Friday, August 13, 2010

Random Thoughts on Friday the 13th

1.  I found a set of keys near the entrance to my complex last weekend.  On the keychain was a preferred owner membership card to a car dealership, so through the dealership I was able to find out who the keys belonged to.  The dealership gave her my number, she called and left a message for me on Tuesday.  I called her back and left a message, gave her my address, number, etc.  Haven't heard a peep out of her.  Weird, right?  If someone had my keys, I think I'd be doing everything I could to get them back as soon as possible.

2.  My mom is so cute.  She sent me three different birthday cards, all with little notes, and a check for $100 with a note to "buy yourself something nice."  I earn quite a bit more money than she does, so one one level I find it kind of annoying that she did this; on the other hand, I find it pretty adorable.  My mom is great.

3.  My younger sister can be really strange.  When she was here in June, she borrowed a couple of books from me.  I just got them back in the mail.  I can't understand why she wasted the money to mail them back to me.  I mean, it's not like I'm never going to see her again, and I wasn't dying without my copy of The Stand.

4.  I'm dealing with an opposing attorney right now who doesn't appear to do a lot of litigation.  He keeps sending me letters that are eight or nine pages long (that's ridiculously long in the world of litigation) with words like "sanctions" and "Rule 11" bolded and italicized, and asking me to do things like strike my objections.  I've never had anyone ever ask me to strike an objection.  In fact, his letters are so long that I have trouble focusing long enough to read them to understand what his problem is.  I'm not sure why, but he also likes to include the entire language of various Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, as if I have no idea what Rule 26 or Rule 33 are.  Maybe it's just because he doesn't know.  He also uses the word "purportedly" a lot to try and accuse me of not doing something that I actually did.  I'm finding it all insanely amusing.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment