Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm Sorry, Dean Winters

I was all ready to go off on a major ripfest about Dean Winters appearing in the new Allstate commercials. While we regularly see actresses shilling hair care, make up, and skincare products in the world of TV land, something about the Allstate “mayhem” commercials (including Winters’ new hairdo) seems so pathetic, so low, and almost embarrassing. Why is Ryan O’Reilly (the best part of Oz) acting in commercials rather than in a television show or movie? Is he really that hard up for the money? What is happening in this world?

Then I Googled and found out that last year Winters got a bacterial infection, died in the ambulance, ended up with gangrene, got two toes and half his thumb amputated, and has had over ten surgeries in the past year.

Somehow the whole Allstate commercial thing doesn’t seem so pathetic anymore. Glad to see he has recovered.

3 comments:

  1. Where has Mr. Mayhem been? I have not seen the commercials at all in the past week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw one over the weekend, so I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone know where to write a letter to Dean?

    ReplyDelete