Sunday, October 31, 2010

Back In the High Life Memories

Don’t you love it when you a hear a song you haven’t heard in forever, and are reminded how much you used to like it?

I was watching Season 2 of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia on DVD this weekend (love this show), and in the episode The Gang Buys a Boat, numerous references are made to the song “Back in the High Life Again” by Steve Winwood, then there is a montage toward the end of the episode to that song.

Steve Winwood! Remember him? “Roll With It,” “Higher Love,” “The Finer Things,” and of course, “Back in the High Life.” Which reached #13 on the Billboard Top 100 back in 1987. Holy crap, I was 13!  I remember how much I used to like this song, but I was almost embarrassed to like it because it wasn't as cool as Madonna or Bon Jovi. 

Anyway, here’s the video. I just had to watch it again on You Tube. Remember back when videos were this innocent?  God, does this take me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment