Saturday, October 9, 2010

NFL Breast Cancer Awareness Month - Donate Based on Fantasy Points, Inspired by Larry Fitzgerald

There's lots of pink going on in the NFL this month.  I find it totally amusing to see all the big, strong men wearing pink chinstraps, gloves, and shoes.  But it's all for a good cause -- breast cancer.

My aunt had breast cancer, a double masectomy, and made it through.  That was about fifteen years ago.  Doctors told her she had a year to live, and she believed them, so she quit her job (a few years short of full pension) and tried to live her life the best she could through what she thought would be her final days.  As I said, we are now fifteen years later and she is alive and kicking and doing great!

Also, one of my friends from law school got breast cancer at age 28.  She had a tough couple of years, but is now doing great, no sign of cancer for three years. 

I just can't imagine.  I've been blessed with health.

At any rate, Larry Fitzgerald, wide receiver for the Arizona Cardinals is doing the following:
That is why, in honor of the NFL’s campaign, Fitzgerald will donate $1,000 for every catch and an additional $5,000 for every TD he makes in the month of October to breast cancer awareness. It began last week with his seven-catch outing in San Diego.
I can't match him, but I am going to donate $5 for each point my fantasy team scores this week.  I'm 3-1, so my team is pretty good.  Let's hope they all score out of the wazoo this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment