Sunday, October 10, 2010

Twilight Obsessed on Facebook

I think I've mentioned before that I'm friends on Facebook with a number of people from high school.  There is one woman in particular, who I will call R, who I truly have no idea why I'm friends with her.  We graduated from high school at the same time, but weren't really friends in high school.  I think I accepted her friend request when I was fairly new to Facebook and not as picky about who I let into my little Facebook world. 

At any rate, R has proven to be a highly entertaining Facebook friend.  90% of her status updates (and there are at least a few a day) are centered around the Twilight books and movies.  She takes every quiz about Twilight (like Who is Your Boyfriend From Twilight?  Are you a Bella? What kind of Vampire are you?etc.), constantly posts mini love poems to Taylor Lautner and Robert Pattinson, and generally goes on and on about how wonderful Twilight is, how much she wants to marry Robert Pattinson or Edward, and how she wishes she was a vampire.  As a reminder, she and I graduated from high school together in 1992, so she is around 36 years old.  There is also nothing mentally wrong with her, unless something has happened since high school that I don't know about.  This has been going on for at least six months.  I know nothing else about her except that she is obviously obsessed with Twilight, because that's all she ever posts about.

This is today's status:
If you could live forever, what would you live for? -Twilight Saga
This made me laugh so hard.  Seriously?

Here's one from the other day:
I wanna be Mrs. Cullen or Mrs. Black so friggin bad.  Get all of the twilight stuff I've never had...
And another:
Wonders if the Twilight saga will become the new Romeo and Juliet and thousands of English classes will study it 20 years from now.
It's all just so entertaining, but really kind of bizarre.  I mean, my 11 year old niece posts this kind of stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Have you blocked her updates from showing up on your feed or is it just too good? I really don't understand this mess. That guy who plays Edward isn't even attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand it either! I haven't blocked her...it's just too entertaining.

    ReplyDelete