Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fantasy Football Update - Playoff Bound

My team made the playoffs!

My team made the playoffs!

This means three things:  (1) I don't have to pay the $350 entry fee, and am guaranteed at least some winnings, since I can't do worse than fourth place; (2)  the girl team beat eight boy teams, and could potentially beat all eleven boy teams; and (3) my team is going to crash and burn this week.

You know it's a bad Sunday when there is a first aid sign next to over half of your players.  Let's see:  Adrian Peterson, Ahmad Bradshaw, Mike Sims-Walker, Zach Miller, Joseph Addai.  All given "questionable" status at some point over the past week.  What does that even mean?  Why don't they just tell us?  I can't stand the anticipation and anxiety involved with trying to figure out if I need to just call it a day with these jokers and pick up someone else.  Hell, Addai has been hanging out on my bench since week 6.  If Bradshaw or Peterson don't play, I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and drop him.  At this point, it doesn't even matter, since there are only two weeks left in fantasy.  Seems like everyone is getting injured left and right this year.  All I need is for everyone to stay healthy for just two more weeks.  Oh, and to score some TDs.

I am holding out hope, but as they say, you never know what might happen on any given Sunday in the NFL.

1 comment: