Friday, February 11, 2011

Back to the Real World

Today I did the following:

1.  Flew home from Detroit, got home around 9:30 a.m.  Told all of my co-workers that I will not be checking e-mail this weekend at all.  If they need me, they better call or text.  But they shouldn't.  I will see them Monday.  (And yay, I can't wait to get back to my office!)

2.  Entered my home and was relieved to find that there were no ceiling leaks due to the big snow, and my furnace was still running like clockwork.  Both of those were a huge relief.

3.  Went to the grocery store, since my cupboards were bare.  I'm so excited to eat at home.  Eating out for three straight weeks, every meal, is not fun.  As I said, I put on a few pounds, so I will need to do some Just Dance 2 this weekend. 

4.  Unpacked and did two loads of laundry.

5.  Made a cup of Starbucks coffee.  The hotel coffee was awful, and I've been dying for a good cup of coffee.

6.  Partially went through my mail, but I need to go pick up the rest from the post office tomorrow -- if I can figure out which post office has my mail.  That could be a challenge.  The USPS is not all that friendly, as I discovered when I called to put my mail on hold.

7.  Curled up on my couch in soft clothes with an electric blanket and caught up on my DVR.  I had 2% of space left.  That's my "to do" list for this weekend.  It also consumed a huge part of my day today.

That's it, and it is so good to be home!  I'm ecstatic!  I have two feet of snow out my back door, so I'm smoking inside today.  I don't normally do that, but I did not feel like shoveling it out when I got home.  I'll deal with that tomorrow, provided I can even open the storm door.  But it's kind of nice to enjoy a smoke and a glass of wine inside!  I am so ready for Spring.   

No comments:

Post a Comment