Friday, April 15, 2011

Random Thoughts on April 15 (early a.m.)

1.  I would like to start a blog that just shows a screen shot of the Huffington Post's front page on a daily basis, just to mock it.  It is seriously always DOOMSDAY.  Right now it says PEDDLING JUNK.  Their headlines are so fucking ridiculous.  Talk about trying to inflict fear in the masses.

2.  I'm heading to NYC this weekend to meet my cousin from Poland for the first time!  We've been e-mailing for years, so it will be awesome to meet him in person -- and this is his first time in the U.S.  I haven't been to NYC in about five years, so I'm really excited.  H (my sis) is coming with me, so it will be great to spend some time with her as well!  She told me she's excited to go to NYC with me because I know my way around.  Well, I used to go there at least a few times a year when I was in my twenties (I love New York!), but like I said, it's been awhile.  I even considered moving there at one point.  But really, I probably still know my way around at least a bit.   

3.  One of my early fifties male co-workers this evening could not stop expressing his shock that I am single, because I am so "stunning and smart."  I tried to explain to him that I was perfectly happy, but he wasn't buying it.  I told him that if he knew a guy around my age, who is good looking, smart, and has some money, we'd be in business.  No one I know knows that guy.  Neither did he.  They are all either married by now or have serious baggage.  Even he couldn't respond to that, but the social pressure to be a couple has hit even the best of us, and apparently, him.  He kept going on and on tonight, and despite the booze, I got a bit annoyed.  Why can't I just be single?  Meanwhile, a few of the other guys who are trapped in unhappy marriages and stand to lose millions if they get divorced are telling me "You are right to be single!"  Hilarious.

4.  Obama is campaigning in Chicago tonight.  Yay.  He's pretty lucky I didn't get caught in a traffic jam, because that would've pissed me right off.

5.  Speaking of Obama, I'm hiring a company who did work on Obama's house to remodel my bathrooms.  Can't ask for better references than that, right?

6.  Speaking of Obama again, and in support of the "rich," apparently Obama paid around $1.8 million in taxes for tax year 2009.   (His 2010 returns aren't out yet.)  So, for all the folks who think "the rich" pay nothing, think again.  He made around $5 million, mainly from book sales.  The President's tax returns are the only public ones, so I can't speak for the many other "millionaires and billionaires" and what they paid.  Seems like he paid his "fair share" doesn't is?  I suspect other "millionaires and billionaires" also paid quite a bit.

7.  I'm pretty sure "Minnie the Moocher" is one of my favorite songs ever.

8.  In about four months my house will be exactly as I want it -- bathrooms done, paint, carpet, furniture, etc.  If I could snap my fingers and pay double to have it done tomorrow, I would do so.  Why can't someone invent that?

9.  It occurred to me today that I have not received the title to my new car.  I left a message at the dealership, since I paid for "tax, title, license" and I've received the plates, paid the tax, but no title.  Someone tried to call me back, but I was out of my office both times they called, and they didn't leave a message.  (Kind of weird, eh?  Luckily I have caller ID.)  I have to say Perillo BMW kind of sucks when it comes to this; it's like once they sell you the car, they aren't real interested in the other details like plates and title.  The title is a bit important, isn't it?  And I had to bother them about my plates (10 days turned into three weeks), and now, where is my title?  It's odd.  But I do love the car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment