Friday, April 29, 2011

Stretching out The Louboutins!

So, I just bought my first pair of Louboutins, and while I got the right size, they need a little breaking in before I wear them out for the night. While they felt fine at Nordstrom's, they are somewhat uncomfortable for the real world and a four to six hour span on my feet. However, I know once I stretch out the leather a bit, they will be perfectly fine.

So, as I'm sitting here around my house, wearing sweatsocks and the shoes, and walking around in them for hours in my sweats, and/or putting a wet pair of gym socks in the toe, I have to wonder the following:

Does Victoria Beckham stretch out her Louboutins like htis?

Does Oprah stretch out her Louboutins like this?

I mean, to wear these things comfortably, like many other shoes, you gotta stretch them out a bit and make them fit to your foot, and this takes some effort. Am I alone in this? I can't be. Or do all these celebrities just deal with the pain?

They are about 3/4 of the way there, I'm happy to report! I think I can even wear them on Saturday night...

2 comments:

  1. I'll usually just wear new shoes out and suffer through the first wear. I really should do the sock trick! Everyone has to be going through it too. No way they're fitting perfectly out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would imagine they have people that do the stretching out for them. I remember reading somewhere that Martha Stewart has her interns color over the red soles of her Loutboutins with a black sharpie.

    ReplyDelete