Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lady Gaga Annoys Me Further

I'm still laughing over this quote from her latest Rolling Stone interview:
But, she says, please don’t confuse her actions as attempts to gain attention.
 “I have attention,” she says in the interview. "Is it that you believe that I am attention-seeking or shock for shock's sake, or is it just that it's been a long time since someone has embraced the art form the way that I have? Perhaps it's been a couple of decades since there's been an artist that's been as vocal about culture, religion, human rights, politics.”
Really?  Really?
Gaga continues, speaking directly to her critics, “I'm so passionate about what I do, every bass line, every EQ. Why is it that you don't want more from the artist, why is it that you expect so little, so when I give and give, you assume it's narcissistic?"
Everything about what she says here seems completely narcissistic to me.  But maybe I'm crazy or just a hater.  If she really wants to change the world, I wish she'd stop plagiarizing Madonna and her own previous songs.  I'm just so completely over her.

1 comment:

  1. Amazon.com was selling her new album for $.99. I bought it, have listened to it a few times, and am completely underwhelmed. And I LOVED her first album. Like, LOVED it. I put "Just Dance" on every mix CD I made that year. And I loved her second album. But I just can't get excited about this one.

    It doesn't help that in the video of Judas, she keeps doing the Marcia Brady dance from the Brady Bunch movie.

    ReplyDelete