Sunday, May 15, 2011

Random Thoughts on May 15

1.  I can't even believe how comfortable my Christian Louboutins are.  They are Mater Claude 85mms.  Not high, by any means, for Christian Louboutin, but hardly flats.  I wore them out, I've worn them to work, and my feet don't feel any worse than any other heels, so kudos to you CL.  Unfortunately, this makes me want to buy another pair.

2.  My townhome remodeling debacle will begin on June 27.  Three bathrooms, painting the whole place, and tearing out some walls/closets in the basement.  Expected to last about a month.  (Followed by new carpet, yay!)  In the meantime, I need to pick out all the stuff I want in the bathrooms (tile, sink, vanity, toilet, tub, mirrors, lights, etc.) and the paint colors.  I am not looking forward to this at all.  How on earth can I design three bathrooms at once?  I really don't get all that jazzed about home decoration, although somehow I seem to do a good job at it.  I was originally going to go with a light beige for the whole place minus some accent colored walls (I don't care if accent walls are dated, I like them!), but now I'm leaning more toward a light gray.  Sage greenish for the master bedroom.  (I love green.)  Whatever choices, the house has to flow.  I'm also going to finally get some new furniture for my basement and bedroom.  Real, adult furniture.  It's all Ikea right now.  However, Ikea rocks and lasts. 

3.  Jersey Shore has arrived in Italy.  I have a really, really bad feeling about this, and I think someone will end up getting arrested, especially given all the rules surrounding their visit and the filming.

4.  My sister M is really depressed about losing her daughter back in January.  I wish I could make it go away.  Instead I keep calling her, texting her, Facebooking her, and sending her son cute outfits from Gymbo.  I also gave her a bunch of clothes and coats when I saw her -- the stuff I was going to consign.  She's so thin right now -- thinner than I've ever seen her, but not so thin that she looks ill.  She was eating, though, at least the weekend I saw her.  I don't really know what else to do.  I just want her to know I'm here for her and I love her.

5.  I've been walking around my neighborhood (Lincoln Park) in the evenings after work, exploring every single side street.  Some of the streets are supremely gawkworthy.  Huge, beautiful homes.  But then next door there might be a crappy looking, old rental.  At some point, all of those old rentals will be transformed into beautiful homes.  It's happening little by little.  The sidestreets are the history, and really beautiful.  Some of the homes are so old (although some are redone inside), and I always wonder who lived there first?  I love Chicago.   

6.    I recently discovered this product:

I might be behind the game, but this is truly amazing.  You can buy it at Walgreen's or whatever your local drugstore is, right by the band-aids.  Band-Aid Friction Block.  It's a little tube that you can roll on your heels or toes, or wherever you get friction in new shoes.  And it really, really works!  I have a couple of pairs of Tory Burch flats that have been bothering me in the heel, but with this, any rubbing goes away.  It's small enough to carry with you to reapply also.  Amazing, amazing product.

1 comment:

  1. I like the sound of light grey paint on the walls!

    Oh! I got some of that friction block stuff but I haven't used it yet. Glad to hear it works!

    ReplyDelete