Thursday, August 11, 2011

Random Thought on August 11

1. My big 37th is Saturday! But, boo, I have an all day client meeting. I was supposed to go out of town with my best friend this weekend but had to cancel on her. I'm so pissed, but that's the price I pay for the money I make. We are going to reschedule. I haven't been with her on my birthday since my 21st, so it's kind of a bummer.

2. I haven't been blogging much because construction is still going on around here and my laptop is hidden. These guys are totally trustworthy, but I still don't like leaving my laptop out, and the packing up and plugging in is annoying. I'm doing this on my IPad tonight, which is slow. I can't be as witty because it's such an effort to type on this keyboard. I need an external keyboard. But, the slate tile is here, and the final bathroom will be done soon!

3. I haven't bought new furniture since 2004, when I bought my dining set, two bookcases, coffee table, and end table from Ethan Allen. They all still look great, but the main floor needs new seating. So, I just dropped $7000 on a leather couch, two chairs, pillows, and an ottoman at Ethan Allen. Might as well make the whole main floor consistent. I'll go cheaper in the basement with Pottery Barn. And I need rugs...this is the bad thing about spending money on clothes and shoes rather than house stuff. You end up dropping a boatload of money all at once because you suddenly realize everything is really old and worn out. And having to wait 8-12 weeks for the new stuff to arrive.

4. I can't wait until this remodel is done. It looks awesome, and the paint is great, and my bedroom is finally a normal color, but I'm done with cardboard all over my floor and a lockbox on my doorknob.

5. My mom and I are planning our almost, sometimes yearly trip. We thought Mt Rushmore, but my mom decided San Fran, northern Cali, and Yosemite. I'm game for anything, so I told her to figure out the route. It will be fun, and I do like to get away from the city. She likes the national parks. This is the only vacation I will take this year, other than a few 3 day weekend trips.

6. The Bimmer is doing great, in case you were wondering.

7. There is chaos at my condo association. I will do a full post on this later. I love everything about my place except dealing with the condo association, and the chaos is caused by one person. Everyone else is cool. I want him to move badly.

8. I can't type on this IPad anymore.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! I just found your blog (I've gone through so many posts now that I no longer remember how I got here) and just had to tell you that it's one of the most engaging I've come across in a while. Definitely following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Glad to have you aboard! :)

    I turned 37 without incident and stayed out until 3:30 in the morning. It was not a happy August 14 for me. I am too old to do that.

    ReplyDelete