Monday, August 22, 2011

Random Thoughts on August 22

1.  Over the weekend, for the first time in my adult life, I bought a bedroom set.  I haven't had a complete, matching bedroom set of furniture since I was a kid.  I haven't had a headboard since I moved out of my parents' house.  I've bought mattresses, dressers, nightstands, but never a complete set all at once.  And what I've got as far as furniture right now is IKEA.  This is exciting, yet odd, when I think about it.  Why have I never bought a bedroom set of furniture before this?  Maybe I just don't care about it that much.  At any rate, I got the Hudson set from Pottery Barn.  Bed, dresser, and two nightstands.  This should solidify my journey into adulthood.

2.  I'm kind of addicted to the wasabi mayonnaise at Trader Joe's.  I like mayonnaise anyway, but the hint of wasabi makes it really great on sandwiches for someone like me who likes the spicy touch.  You do have to be careful with it, though, because it is strong.

3.  I'm dreading putting my house back together after this remodel is done.  To get ready for the painting, I basically cleared things out and put things anywhere I could find.  My buffet is empty, but its usual contents are all over the place.  Same with my bedroom.  I'm sure I will never be able to find anything ever again.  And my books are still in boxes, because I hate to put them on the shelves given the dust that is going to be throughout once they start cutting the tile for the basement bath.  It's much easier to clean shelves of dust when there are not books on them.  Yes, that is my excuse for not reshelving all of these books.

4.  I wish I would've gone a shade darker than Classic Gray (Benjamin Moore) for my main paint color.  It looks almost white on some walls when the sunlight hits, and that was not what I wanted.  Oh, well.  It was actually surprising to me how much lighter the paint I picked looked once it was up on the walls.  I was prepared for it to look darker.  Live and learn.  It's totally fine, though.  I think it will look better once I actually put some things up on the walls.

5.  I want evil Eric back on True Blood.  I'm tired of this little boy, Sookie loving, lameass.

6.  You would never know this season of Jersey Shore is in Florence, Italy.  All they ever show is the apartment and the clubs.  Boring.  Is their fifteen minutes up yet?

7.  No one on Project Runway is getting my attention at all yet.  That's worrisome.  And I am so sick of Tim Gunn's Expedia commercial.  "See what Anandra did?"  Ugh.   

8.  I am buried at work, all of a sudden.  This always happens at this time of year, and it sucks.  All the lawyers get all riled up to actually do something at the end of summer. 

9.  My mom is so indecisive about our trip that I'm ready to cancel it, and now I'm at a point with work that I might need to.  I told her three months ago to plan it out and pick the dates because I need notice.  She cannot make a decision, and it is infuriating me.  I've made it easy for her on our past trips, because I've always done all of the planning.  It's amazing to me that she is incapable of doing the same.  She's retired and has all the time in the world.  I told her just to figure out the trip so we can book our flights.  I'm not spending a fortune to book a flight to San Francisco at the last minute.  And she is still waffling.  She always does this and it drives me insane.  Just make a decision.  I don't want to have to take this planning over, because I'm so sick of always having to do the planning.  I've told her that I'm up for anything, just decide.  Ugh.  I'm so sick of having to always do everything when it comes to my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment