Saturday, September 10, 2011

Another Rant About Heels

Maybe it's not "another."  I'm not sure if I've bitched about this before or not, but it really gets my goat.

I truly don't understand why all of the premier designers don't release at least a few pairs of cute shoes (equivalent to their super high heeled shoes) each season with a 2-3" heel height, preferably with a fatter heel.  (I always get stuck in the tar between the sidewalk squares in my Louboutins.  Such. A. Pain.)  I'd love to buy the Christian Louboutin Mistica, but it's sold out everywhere.  (Should that be a clue?  People want reasonable height, thicker heel, cute shoes!  I have to get on the wait list.)  It has a shorter, fatter heel, and is just  a standard black heel.  Everyone -- from Jimmy Choo, to Gucci, to Prada, to Louboutin, to everyone else always releases all of these amazing shoes that are super cool...but they have about a 4" heel.  That's great and all, unless you want to wear them to work all day.  And I'm too old to do 4" heels.  I just can't do it anymore.  Yes, I said it.  I wish I could be Victoria Beckman and pull it off, but I don't want to bother with it.

So, here I am yet again, looking for a solid black heel for fall.  I've worn the hell out of my patent Tory Burch heels that I bought last fall, and it's time for a new pair.  So, through my fuming and browsing of all the 4" heels, I found these:

They are Prada.  I ordered them online and took a chance with the 38.5.  I usually wear an 8 in "normal" shoes, but in the higher designer brands I usually take an 8.5, so since I've never bought any Prada shoes before, I figured I'd go with the bigger.  They fit perfect, and they are really cute.  Plus, this is a shoe I can wear all day long, for 12, 15, 18, whatever hours.  See that cute little low, thick heel?  Yes!  Prada has some other lower heeled shoes, but you know...they are never as fancy or quite as cute as the super high heeled ones.  And there isn't much in the 2-3" range.

But, the Prada Buckle Pump should work for me.  It is 1.75".  I wish it was about 2.25" or 2.5", but oh well.  The 2-3" range is very difficult.  The designers seem to think that you either want low (below 2") or super high (4" and up).  How about medium high?

1 comment:

  1. Check out Chie Mihara shoes. A friend of mine who works in an office swears by them. Most of their heels are what you're looking for. Some a casual and whimsical but they have a lot of classic staples too!

    ReplyDelete