Well, it's 12:01 a.m., so I guess it's November 29. You know I'm a night owl, but even more so tonight because my couch from Pottery Barn is finally getting delivered tomorrow between 9:30 and 11:30, so that means I get to sleep in a bit. Yay! (Says she who slept in for the past four days...) Anyway, it's been awhile since I've updated on much, so here we go!
1. My two favorite new shows are Revenge and Ringer. Both are deliciously soapy and moving along at a quick pace. I'm entertained, not bored, not too cheesed out, and not bothered by the flaws, so thumbs up. Also, as a huge Buffy fan, it's great to see Sarah Michelle Gellar back on my TV. Honorable mention to Once Upon a Time. Honorable honorable mention to Grimm.
2. Shows I've canceled from my DVR? Pan Am (eh, I tried), Harry's Law (sick of it), Blue Bloods (boring), Law and Order SVU (no Elliott, so no).
3. I have the worst fantasy football team on the planet. Don't try to convince me I don't, because I do. Even Jordy Nelson can't save me from the rest of the team. Michael Vick SUCKS.
4. My sister M is pregnant again! She is due in April. So far, so good. Keep your fingers crossed. She will be going to Mott for an ultrasound of the baby's heart in December, and likely at some point after that as well. The new baby coming will hopefully get us through what will sure to be a tough Christmas and New Year's as we remember my niece L and the horribleness of last New Year's.
5. One of my best friends who has battled cancer, then discovered she had a heart defect so she couldn't carry a baby, then decided with her husband to get a surrogate because they really wanted a baby of their own, then went through a whole, long ordeal to get healthy eggs from her, and a whole bunch of other crap....are expecting twins through their surrogate in March. I've been doing the happy dance for them!!!
6. But don't be fooled. I still don't like kids. I'm just happy for other people who want them, when they can have them. And I like them in small doses, as long as I can go home at the end of the day to a quiet house.
7. My Secret Santa kid (I do a gift thing for low income kids) is named Zebediah, which I love. He is the same age as my nephew, and likes Cars stuff like my nephew, so Zebediah is going to get some great stuff from me! (It's easy, because I can just buy two of whatever I get for my nephew!)
8. I'm going to the Big Ten Championship game in Indianapolis this weekend to cheer very loudly for MSU. I hate Wisconsin. Go right through for MSU.....
9. I bought owl mugs from West Elm:
10. Oh yeah, I also bought him:
He's sitting in the middle of my dining room table right now. (I need a centerpiece! But, he looks kind of cool there.) And he's mercury glass and half of the proceeds go to St. Jude's. Good God, I don't have to justify this, do I? Isn't he cute? I didn't even know I liked owls until I saw all of these owls at West Elm.
10. I need to call an electrician out. My electric bill has been outrageously high. I called and got it put down briefly, thinking it was a meter misread, but it does not seem to be, based on my last bill. My usage appears to be at least double what it normally is this time of year, and I haven't changed anything. The a/c is what puts my electric bill up (my furnace is gas) and I haven't had the a/c on since early September. Except, of course, the work done on my house this summer. But the outrageousness of usage didn't start until after they were done, when my October bill showed up. Seems to me that it would've showed up sooner if they would've done anything to suck the electricity out of my house. So, something in my house (probably my fridge or hot water heater) is sucking electricity out of my home. I have to figure this out. My electric bill is usually nonsensically small in the winter, and I'll be damned if I'm paying $150+ a month when it should be around $50. Did I mention how fun it is to be a home owner? What the hell? What changed? All these people online are like, unplug everything in the house (what? really?) then shut off your fuses and look at the meter and see if it is still running and then do this and this and this. Um...no. I'm just going to call out an expert, thanks. I'll let them deal with it, and then I will gladly pay them their hourly rate. I'm going to call the guy who did the electric on my remodel, since he should have some insider knowledge of my wiring. I really don't think he did anything wrong, though. I just think my fridge or hot water heater has gone haywire.
11. And, I forgot to post my new table, also from West Elm: