Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Things I'm Annoyed About Today

1.  That Herman Cain got forced out of the race due to unproven, uninvestigated accusations.  It infuriates me that a person can hire a Gloria Allred type, get on national television, say whatever they want, and then disappear.  (See, also, Nicky Diaz Santillian, the illegal immigrant who took down Meg Whitman.)  To make matters worse, our wonderful media runs away with it in their usual dramatic manner, doesn't ask for any form of proof, and automatically believes the victim versus the accused.  No, the media was happy to just let Cain flounder, and insinuiate that he might just be guilty of all of these horrible things, without any proof.  Jesus, anyone can say anything they want about anyone else.  It doesn't make it true.  I'm not saying he was my top choice for President, but he deserved a chance to run.  We can only look forward to more of the same going forward.  It's really disgusting.  I truly hate the media in this country.  It used to be that they actually fact checked things prior to airing them for the entire country, but I guess that is a thing of the past.

2.  The Occupy tent cities are starting to grate on me.  Don't get me wrong; it's entertaining to watch the raids go down nearly every night, but every time I watch all I can think about is the cost to the cities, and how absurd they all sound.  Don't the occupiers realize they are only hurting the 99% with their mayhem and antics?  All they really seem to be doing at this point is causing trouble as they flitter from one "cause" to the next.  And the ordeal at Washington D.C. the other night with the wooden house was preposterous.  I heard the holdout occupier who wouldn't get in the occupicker ended up peeing off the roof of the structure, right at the police.  When he got down, he was arrested in part for indecent exposure and public urination.  Enjoy the sex offender list, buddy.  Hope it was worth it.  I still simply do not see what these occupations are accomplishing, nor do I understand why anyone would want to be a part of it.  It will be interesting to see what happens with this whole port shutdown that is planned for December 12. 

3.  Our Campaigner in Chief is back at it again, comparing himself to Teddy Roosevelt (!) and imploring all of us lazy people to pay our fair share.  Oh, yeah, but he and his family are going on a 17 day vacation to Hawaii.  (Yes, I understand that his job never stops and that he will be doing work from there, but still...)  Does anyone else find it strange that he never goes on vacation in Chicago?  After all, he lived here for many years.  You'd think he had a life here and people to visit and might miss his old city.  I guess you can't blame him for Hawaii over Chicago in December, but the cost of that trip must be astounding.  I'd have a hell of a lot more respect for him if he simply said "You know what?  This year we are going to tighten our bootstraps also and stay in Washington D.C. for the holidays."  Of course, that would never happen.  I swear, you would never know from his speech today that he has been President for the past three years.  Everything is always someone else's fault.  Hey, maybe he should go join the occupiers!  They seem to have the same viewpoint.  

4.  Ashton Kutcher's Twitter account had better grammar and syntax when he was running it himself.  Seriously, whoever he hired to Twitter for him now is terrible.  (I have no idea why I'm following him, so don't even ask.  I also don't know why this annoys me, but it does.)

5. I'm already so tired of Christmas music and the month has only begun.  It's all so sappy happy and I hear it everywhere I go.  I'm incapable of getting into the Christmas spirit this year, because I have so much work to do.  It's making me hugely depressed.  Don't worry, I'll live, but I can already tell it is going to be an insanely crabby December for me. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm that person who will occasionally listen to Christmas music at random times of the year, but come the actual holiday season, it annoys me to no end. In all likelihood it's because stores/radios choose the worst renditions -- especially the ones with creepy children choirs.

    ReplyDelete