Thursday, April 5, 2012

Two Weeks! And Other Random Thought on April 5, 2012

1. Two weeks today without a smoke. Go me. $140 in my "prize jar" that I would have spent on cigarettes. How disgusting is that? I'll tell you--that is big motivation to stay quit. I believe I've mentioned before that I am motivated by money. I'm still trying to figure out why quitting smoking is making me crave beer. It's really weird.

2. I have two trials in the next two months. One is definitely going and the other is likely going. Stay tuned for bitching and complaining and madness. I'll see the light at the end of the tunnel in July or so. I'm leaving for San Jose, CA on Tuesday for probably about three weeks. Since I'm being honest, I'll tell you that I view San Jose as the armpit of California. I worked there for awhile in my consulting days in the late 90s, and what a miserable place. I hope my car battery doesn't go dead while I'm gone. (The joy of living alone...)

3. So, Romney. Ho hum.

4. My sister is graduating from nursing school in May. Yay. Finally. She still doesn't have a nursing job...although I'm pretty sure she hasn't looked.

5. I should be back from trial just in time for NATO and all the protestors. I'm expecting crazy. We'll see. I'll keep you all updated from Chicagoland. As long as they don't trash or vandalize my neighborhood or screw with my commute, I don't really care if they want to march around and yell and scream. No one in Chicago cares. Most of us are just trying to get to work. I mean, this is at heart a blue collar, hard working town. The hippy dippy protestor types are kind of mocked. It should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment