1. Holy shit, how is it already May 2?
2. As I said in my previous post, the trial is still going. I've left after 21 days in California. Jury selection took two days, there is no court on Fridays, and overall, trials are slow as hell. I've got another trial starting in June (unless the defendant actually sees reality and settles), so between needing to get ready for that and going to my sister's college graduation, I abandoned my team. (No, not really. They are fully staffed!) I feel guilty, but there's not much I can do.
3. I never realize how much I miss Chicago until I'm away from it.
4. My house is still standing.
5. My car has about a half an inch of dust on it.
6. My DVRs are nearly full. (Yes, I keep one going upstairs, and one in the basement -- why do you ask?)
7. Some weird shit happened when I was on trial. It's amazing the things you find out when you are getting drunk with coworkers.
8. My sister H looks like a beauty queen in her official nursing school photo. I wish I could post it.
9. This morning I woke up and thought I was still in the hotel room. My bed is on the same "wall." There was confusion.
10. Trader Joe's pick your own six pack feature is one of the best things ever. I'm trying some new pale ales tonight, before I drive to the Big D in the morning.
11. I'm still not smoking. That's 42 days, or $420 I've saved, that I will be spending on a new pair of SHOES! Go me!
12. I hate Blogger's new format. Why was this change necessary? It's slow as hell.