Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Insanity = Accomplished

Well, almost. I’ll be done on Friday. It took me a bit longer than the 60 days due to my attention span and some vacation days, but I did it! It looks like I lost around nine pounds, but I’ve also lost major inches. The biggest accomplishment is how strong I feel.

When I started, I couldn’t even do a real push up. Now, I can do ten in a row, and even more after a brief rest. I can do burpees, squats, lunges, and lots of jumping up and down, and I don’t feel like I’m going to hyperventilate and die. I’m starting to see abs, people! And my upper arms and shoulders are actually getting definition. I don’t remember having that since high school when I rowed. It’s amazing how far you can come in two months.

I think I’ve said it before, but I’m not the type of person to do this sort of workout. I would flip past the infomercial and think “Wow, those people are crazy. Why would you want to do that to yourself?” I would think there is no way I could do it. And then for some insane reason, I decided what the hell? If all those people can do it, then why can’t I? So, I did. And I have to say, my first foray into the Beachbody workouts has been a good one. I am going to keep the Insanity workouts in my workout DVD rotation going forward, because I really enjoy doing them (except Max Interval Plyo, which I abhor), particularly the Month 1 workouts. I may try Insanity Asylum in the future (maybe in January or February when it is too cold to do anything outside.) However, next up is Chalean Extreme. Time to build up my guns.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is AWESOME that you finished! I'm not sure if I'm even brave enough to start it, haha! I have thought about buying the Brazilian Butt Lift system though...my booty could use all the help it can get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking at Brazilian Butt Lift also! I guess I've got plenty of time to do that one in the future...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing Insanity!!!!! I'm scared to try it, but maybe now I'll give it a shot. I've done the Brazilian Butt Lift DVD's---they are a LOT of fun. I loved the Chalean Extreme DVDs, too. It's a go to for strength training. Her other DVD set is fun to combine for a good strength/cardio system.

    ReplyDelete