Saturday, September 22, 2012

Random Thoughts on September 22

1.  It's been six months today since I quit smoking.  It's weird how much of a memory smoking is now.  I can't even believe I did it for so many years.  Also -- I've saved $1800 by not smoking, which paid for the majority of the vacation I just took.

2.  My sister H got a job!  As a nurse!  Yay! 

3.  I'm officially into a size 4 or 6, depending on the brand, so I'm done losing weight.  I've lost about 18 pounds total.  Now I'm just going to try to stay right where I am for as long as possible.  This may take some trial and error.  Also, I tried The Bar Method Beginner's Workout DVD, and it's a good one.  Can I just say how much more fun it is to go clothes shopping in my new size?

4.  I was amazed to find out how difficult it is to find chocolate brown dress pants.  You'd think that would be a standard color, right?  Wrong.  (Doesn't it sometimes feel like when you are looking for what seems like a very basic item of clothing you can't find it when you need it?)  Everywhere has black, gray, or light brown.  No chocolate brown.  I've been looking for months.  (I know I could get them online, but pants I like to try on.)  I found them today at Eddie Bauer!  It seriously felt like I had found the Holy Grail.  I guess it's good that I didn't find them, since if I had, they likely wouldn't fit me now. 

5.  Hmmm....I've got nothing else, but I feel like I need five.  Well, I've got a first date tomorrow.  Maybe this one will work out better than those in the past?  I met him over a month ago, but he went on vacation right after we met, and then I was on vacation, so tomorrow it is.  Fingers crossed.  I don't want to get married or anything, but it would be nice to have someone to go out with sometimes or to bring along when I need a plus one.    

3 comments:

  1. OMG any time I go looking for a "classic" piece - no way in hell I'll find it. Ridiculous.

    So proud of you for so many things! The not smoking accomplishment is major!
    The weight loss is incredible!
    Congrats to your sis as well and good luck on the first date! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now, I am hunting for long cardigans. I FINALLY found some at Marshalls, but I remain shocked that both Target AND F21 are apparently not stocking long cardigans. What's up with that?

    Also, I had a long Chicago layover last week and we got to stay downtown and I thought of you! But now I feel like a creepster for saying that. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete