1. It's been six months today since I quit smoking. It's weird how much of a memory smoking is now. I can't even believe I did it for so many years. Also -- I've saved $1800 by not smoking, which paid for the majority of the vacation I just took.
2. My sister H got a job! As a nurse! Yay!
3. I'm officially into a size 4 or 6, depending on the brand, so I'm done losing weight. I've lost about 18 pounds total. Now I'm just going to try to stay right where I am for as long as possible. This may take some trial and error. Also, I tried The Bar Method Beginner's Workout DVD, and it's a good one. Can I just say how much more fun it is to go clothes shopping in my new size?
4. I was amazed to find out how difficult it is to find chocolate brown dress pants. You'd think that would be a standard color, right? Wrong. (Doesn't it sometimes feel like when you are looking for what seems like a very basic item of clothing you can't find it when you need it?) Everywhere has black, gray, or light brown. No chocolate brown. I've been looking for months. (I know I could get them online, but pants I like to try on.) I found them today at Eddie Bauer! It seriously felt like I had found the Holy Grail. I guess it's good that I didn't find them, since if I had, they likely wouldn't fit me now.
5. Hmmm....I've got nothing else, but I feel like I need five. Well, I've got a first date tomorrow. Maybe this one will work out better than those in the past? I met him over a month ago, but he went on vacation right after we met, and then I was on vacation, so tomorrow it is. Fingers crossed. I don't want to get married or anything, but it would be nice to have someone to go out with sometimes or to bring along when I need a plus one.