Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Return of the Pointy Toed Shoe

I've been informed by the powers that be that pointy toed shoes are back in style.

You know, like this (from Elle):





I have to admit that I'm not a fan.

Like skinny jeans, which don't look good on anyone except very skinny people, I don't believe that pointy toed shoes are very flattering.  They make your foot look bigger.  Who wants their foot to look enormous?  It looks bigger because the shoe is longer because there is a section of the toe box that is empty, and just sitting there doing nothing.  Obviously your foot isn't of a shape that can fit into the pointy toe, so it's just sitting there empty.  When I try on pointy toed shoes, I feel like my feet look like boats.  Further, the especially pointy toes get worn out, and you see women wearing them and the toe is all scuffed and ragged looking, which makes it look even more strange.

Also, they remind me of a witch. 

No, I will not be joining in on this trend.   

2 comments: