Tuesday, October 30, 2012

So, This is What it Feels Like

So, I’m sitting here at work and I can’t concentrate on anything.

Well, anything except CTF. (That is what I will call him for blogging purposes.)

Do you have any idea how long it’s been since I’ve felt like this about anyone? I feel like a crazy person.

People, I have work to do!!!

Anyway, here’s what happened. Last Thursday I went to a lawyerly type function, and then out for drinks with some coworkers. At the lawyerly type function, I got hit on and asked for my number. Then later on at the bar the same thing happened. At the time, I was kind of taken aback and not sure what I should do. While I didn’t really want to go out with anyone else, CTF and I hadn’t had “the talk.” So, with somewhat mixed feelings, I gave them both my number. Based on past experience, I tend to feel that until you have “the talk” you really can’t assume anything, and there is no reason to take yourself off the market. (However, I really didn’t want to go out with either one of them.)

CTF’s ears must’ve been burning because Friday night, he brought up exclusivity and…low and behold…looks like I have a boyfriend.

Ack!

I am falling so hard, and I’m trying to pull the reins in on this thing, but it is getting increasingly difficult. I mean, what am I supposed to do with a guy who

…says exactly what I’m thinking in my head…(almost freakishly)

…is the best hugger ever…

…has a way of picking out the one appetizer on the menu that I was eyeing…

…regularly shows up with a bottle of wine…

…always seems thrilled to see me or talk to me on the phone…

…talks about the future, but not in a creepy way…

…carries my doggy bag…

…has started watching NFL football because I like it…

…and has given me zero stress about how he feels about me since we started dating?

Has it really only been five weeks since our first date?

1 comment: